Some Handy Tips to Keep Your Stove Lasting Longer
- Do not burn fuel with high moisture content, such as a damp peat or unseasoned timber. This will only result in a build up of tar in the stove and in the chimney.
- Burning soft fuels such as timber and peat can stain the glass. Regular cleaning will prevent permanent staining.
- Do not burn rubbish/household plastic.
- Clean the flue ways of the stove every month and ensure there no blockages. Please refer to your manual for instructions as they vary from stove to stove.
- Clean the chimney at least twice a year.
- Before loading fresh fuel into the firebox, riddle fully to remove all ashes this will allow better and cleaner burning.
- Never allow a build up of ashes in the ash pan, as this will cause the grate to burn out prematurely.
- Allow adequate air ventilation to ensure plenty of air for combustion.